[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Marine Ornamental Fish & Invertebrate Breeders • View topic - ID Please

ID Please

ID Please

Postby Hellaenergy » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:08 am

If anyone can give me an educated guess as to what these are let me know. I was given them with the idea that they might be Lysmata amboinensis. They have been alive now for six days. They are aprox 1mm in length. This is roughly the same size as when I got them.

I know these pictures are less than ideal. They were done with a point and shoot :oops:

Hellaenergy

State/Region:

Re: ID Please

Postby aomont » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:22 am

I'd wait for Andrew (spawner) but do you have hermit crabs around ? If so, take a look at that forum and check other pics.
Anderson

"Posso não saber de nada mas suspeito de muita coisa..."
aomont

Postby Hellaenergy » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:30 am

Hellaenergy

State/Region:

Postby aomont » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:40 am

It may hurt less than trying to raise L. amboinensis but still worth raising them. ;) I guess the challenge will be at settlement to find cute tiny shells for them.
Do you have pictures of the adults ?
Good luck with them and have fun.
Anderson

"Posso não saber de nada mas suspeito de muita coisa..."
aomont

Postby Hellaenergy » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:56 am

No I do not have pics of the adults. I got these from a local club member. I have indeed committed to raising them no matter what they are. I need the practice. Thanks for the kind words :)
Hellaenergy

State/Region:

Postby Luis A M » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:28 pm

See also: viewtopic.php?f=260&t=7500
In both cases,they look to me as mysids,but could be hermits Z1? :?
We need Spawner to come and see.But there is also a simple way to tell them apart :wink: .
Both 1st zoea and mysids have sessile eyes.But few days later,crabs and shrimps molt to Z2,which has stalked eyes
Luis
Luis A M

Postby spawner » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:46 pm

Based on the photos I'd have to say Mysids.
spawner

Postby Hellaenergy » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:58 pm

I'd have to agree. They look an awful lot like the photo in the post that Luis presented.
Hellaenergy

State/Region:

Return to Larva