[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Marine Ornamental Fish & Invertebrate Breeders • View topic - Question about importing animals, customs, air flights etc

Question about importing animals, customs, air flights etc

Question about importing animals, customs, air flights etc

Postby Spracklcat » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:00 pm

Spracklcat

Postby FMarini » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:19 pm

FMarini

Postby vaporize » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:36 pm

vaporize

Postby Spracklcat » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:12 pm

Spracklcat

Postby vaporize » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:24 pm

CITIES II organisms, like seahorses and corals require an export CITIES permit issued by the exporting country in order to legally import into another CITIES regulated country.

You might have better luck working with a coral wholesaler over there at South Africa to get that arranged. I assume this is another "C" trip :) CITIES permit does take some money & time to acquire especially for everyday person.

The easier way of course, is to get it confusicated ^_^
vaporize

Postby DrHsu » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:01 am

Li Chieh

Otherwise known as marinebetta in most marine forums.....

"It's what you learn after you think you know it all..that matters" - Anon
DrHsu

Postby Greshamh » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:22 pm

Greshamh

Postby Spracklcat » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:52 pm

Thanks guys--

I'm willing to try to get the US fish and Wildlife permits, and thee CITES documents, but what is stumping me now is that you need a veterinarian's note before you leave the country of origin. So if I buy form a hobbyist, I have to find a vet and get the fish checked out? Sheesh.

At this point I'm looking for easier ways--like finding out which exporter my South African friend got his seahorses from (in Singapore coincidentally) and see if I can get a wholesaler to import them special order.
Spracklcat

Re:

Postby DrHsu » Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:29 am

Li Chieh

DrHsu

Postby Spracklcat » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:16 am

Spracklcat

Re:

Postby DrHsu » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:02 am

Li Chieh

DrHsu

Postby Spracklcat » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:33 am

Spracklcat

Postby Hobbo73 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:16 pm

Hi all

I was woundering if you had tried the Australian producer direct as i am sure that they may already export to the US? if you send me a pm i will be able to supply you with their contact details as i have these for at least 3 or 4 Australian seahorse breeders (sorry i dont know the rules here as to listing them on site).

Cheers

Andrew
Hobbo73

Postby Spracklcat » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:26 pm

Yes, actually I have a contact with the importer in Singapore. Thanks for the ofer :)
Spracklcat

Return to Nature & Conservation