[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Marine Ornamental Fish & Invertebrate Breeders • View topic - Rainford's Breeding Advice anyone?

Rainford's Breeding Advice anyone?

Rainford's Breeding Advice anyone?

Postby BaboonScience » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:25 am

"The exact contrary of what is generally believed is often the truth" Jean De La Bruyère (1645-1696)
BaboonScience

Postby mpedersen » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:01 am

mpedersen
Read-Only

Postby BaboonScience » Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:34 am

"The exact contrary of what is generally believed is often the truth" Jean De La Bruyère (1645-1696)
BaboonScience

Postby BaboonScience » Tue May 08, 2007 2:48 am

Wanted to bring this back to the top;
Anyone have any input on breeding hover gobies. Trying to pair a few with little success. Just an interest in the group drives my interest.
Anyone tried them???
BaboonScience

Postby Clownfish75 » Tue May 08, 2007 4:46 am

Clownfish75

Postby Mr Miagi » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:39 pm

-- Ben
"Save me Jebus"
Mr Miagi

Postby Peter Schmiedel » Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:51 am

Take care
Peter
Peter Schmiedel

Re: Rainford's Breeding Advice anyone?

Postby PaulG » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:34 pm

sorry to raise an old thread form teh dead but.....

Anyone have any info on identifying males/females?
fixed sexes? first female then male or vice-a-versa?

I picked up a couple of specimens last night as teh missus thought they were 'cute' & I have to abmit they are a nice looking fish.

TIA
PaulG
PaulG

Postby Arc Katana » Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:35 am

Just a quick note - liveaquaria.com has them on sale for 14 or 15.99 each - normally 21.99 (And Bi-color Blennies cheap too!) I think it lasts until sunday 12 midnight if you're looking to pick some up.
Arc Katana

Postby Midnight Angel » Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:54 am

John I have a pair but they have not spawned yet that I know of. They hide most of the time but I'll check on them more.

Amy
Midnight Angel

Postby Midnight Angel » Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:00 am

And fwiw I had no trouble pairing them. They are the only ones I've ever had and they got on great from the start but I hear that is not the norm.They are the only fish in a ten gallon with lots of algae and pods.

Amy
Midnight Angel

Postby Luis A M » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:33 pm

Just bought what it seems a mated pair,both fish keep close and in peace.
They look very "ungoby",due to their hovering in midwater,and their low set eyes and pointed terminal mouth.
They are slightly emaciated,and the problem is that they are reluctant to feed. :| Nothing seems to interest them.I tried adult and bbs,cyclopeeze,mysis,crumble...
They inspect algae covered walls and sometimes they pick at something,harp copepods or bbs,like mandarins.Later one took an adult bs,but chewed it for a long time,as if it was too large to swallow.
And today one of them started picking something from the sand bed,straining sand grains thru the gill opening,like sifter gobies! :shock:
Somebody could advise about feeding them?
Luis
Luis A M

Postby Midnight Angel » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:27 pm

Get them some pods asap. Mine were very thin when I got them. I was lucky enough to have algae here that was full of pods. My guys also like spectrum pellets and worms. Think mandarin as far as what they like. FWIW mine eat everything now. But some of the same foods mandarins are drawn to works for these guys. Can you get blk worms?

Amy
Midnight Angel

Postby Luis A M » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:42 pm

I was thinking in tubifex worms,which some mandarins take.And keep insisting with TLC :wink:
Luis
Luis A M

Postby Luis A M » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:07 pm

They just needed some time.They eat now adult bs and tubifex. 8) Definitely they are sand sifters.
They remain hollow bellied though.I guess Amy is right about deworming these fish.
Luis
Luis A M

Postby Midnight Angel » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:25 pm

It is always a good idea with any fish. But these guys never look like they are "pigging out". They just pick here and there. Mine still eat that way even though they eat lots of different type foods. Just be sure to feed the crap out of them all the time. But fwiw mine don't look hollow so maybe it is worms.

Amy
Midnight Angel

Postby lunarlander » Wed May 26, 2010 11:46 pm

how do you de-worm a fish- out of curiosity? There are a lot of Rainford's gobies here at an LFS and I have seen them eat mysis in the store but they all still have the sunken bellies...
lunarlander

Postby Midnight Angel » Thu May 27, 2010 12:32 am

lunarlander,
Your LFS should carry a product called PraziPro. It comes in a pink and white bottle. It is a praziquantel (5%) product. This is just added to your tank water at one teaspoon per 20 gallons.

Amy
Midnight Angel

Postby lunarlander » Thu May 27, 2010 1:36 am

thanks!
lunarlander

Return to Ambygobius