[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Marine Ornamental Fish & Invertebrate Breeders • View topic - Moina salina

Moina salina

Postby Luis A M » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:55 pm

Is it OK to ship/mail cultures,livestock within EEC?
Luis
Luis A M

Postby Sylvio » Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:43 pm

Hi

Man zieht sie genau so wie die Brachionus.
Anfangs Phyto bis man eine gut Dichte hat.
Dann kann man auch Trockenfutteremulusionen beigeben.

Aber sollte immer mal wieder Phyto zugeben.
Moinas möchten immer ein wenig im "Dreck" stehen.
Also bleibt der Bodensatz drin.

Bei mir sieht das dann so aus.

Und hier noch eins von der Dichte.

Man sollte wie auch bei den Brachionus immer die Kultur "jung"halten.
Ich entnehme jeden Tag 1l .

Und fülle den fehlenden Teil mit Phyto oder mit Salzwasser auf.
Ab und an natürlich auch Osmosewasser sonst steigt der Salzgehalt zu hoch.

Moinas sind ein super Futter für Pferde .
Und je nach dem was die Moinas bekommen profitieren die Pferde auch davon. :D

MfG Sylvio
Sylvio

Postby spk » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:45 pm

Luis,

Yes, once goods are in the ECC there is no problem shipping them around. Or that is the way it is meant to work.

Peter, i am in avtually in Brussels on the 18th April I think.

Steve
spk

Postby Peter Schmiedel » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:50 pm

Translation:

Breeding si the same as for rots. At the beginning feed with phyto until Moina culture is dense enough. The you can also start using try food supplements (Remark: I believe he is referring to Selco etc)

It seem to be best to add phyto once in a while. They like to have the water messy thats why the bottom of the tank should not be cleaned.

Pic 1: Thats how his Moina tank looks like
Pic 2: Shows the culture and the density of Moina in a closer shot

Similar as with rots it is advise the keep the culture young and exchange water regularly. He harvest one 1 Liter a day. The water is replaced by phyto or normal saltwater. Once in a while with osmoses water to keep the salinity in wanted boundaries.

Moina is a perfect food for seahorses and depending on what the Moina consumed it makes the sea horse "happy" ;)
Take care
Peter
Peter Schmiedel

Postby Peter Schmiedel » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:52 pm

Steve,

18th is a Friday right? That's the weekend where I am speaker in an convention - fish stuff of course :D I live 30 min from the airport
Take care
Peter
Peter Schmiedel

Postby spk » Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:43 am

Peter,
Thanks for the reply and the translation.
Wow, looks as if the Moina are easier than the rots to grow. I was going to experiement with Daphnia this summer to see if I could get a culture of them going, but this sounds more fun.

I have managed to kick start my Rotifer culture and and increasing the number that I have. With a couple of days off from work, I need to sort out all my live food cultures.

I am not sure if the 18th is a Friday, but if it is that is great. I will probably on the last flight out, so if you fancy a meet and a cup of coffee let me know.

Thanks

Steve
spk

Postby Peter Schmiedel » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:43 am

Steve,

it is a Wednesday and I am in town. Send me a mail with details to info@reefsafe.de and we can arrange something.
Take care
Peter
Peter Schmiedel

Postby Peter Schmiedel » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:33 am

Take care
Peter
Peter Schmiedel

Postby Luis A M » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:34 pm

Can´t these Moina be cultured at normal strenght SW?
I´ve seen that FW Daphnia or Cyclops placed in SW die in few seconds.
Good oportunity to bring these Moina to America,where they are unknown,AFAIK!Is it a fact that young seahorses can be raised on them?
Enjoy your trip and take pics of the Aquarium! :D
Luis
Luis A M

Re:

Postby MReith » Tue May 13, 2008 5:34 pm

MReith

Postby Luis A M » Wed May 14, 2008 3:07 pm

For one thing,they could make shipping to far destinanations feasible.I definitely would like to try some with seahorse fry. 8)
Demand?.Think just in the U.S.market! :wink:
Luis
Luis A M

Postby vasi » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:00 pm

hi

if anybody have infos about hatching moina salina resting eggs please let me know!

thank you very much!
Istvan
vasi

Re:

Postby Luis A M » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:48 pm

Luis
Luis A M

Postby A Wolff » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:10 pm

How did you got those luis?
I would love to try them!

Augusto
A Wolff

Re:

Postby MReith » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:55 pm

MReith

Re:

Postby Luis A M » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:57 pm

Luis
Luis A M

Postby Luis A M » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:22 am

:P
I put the eggs in the fridge,but left some few in a tall Petri dish in the fish room,just in case.I just checked them and found two baby Moina hopping happily around! 8)
This is very good news,meaning that everybody no matter where,can get their hatching Moina eggs! :wink:
Last edited by Luis A M on Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Luis
Luis A M

Postby Peter Schmiedel » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:17 am

Martin,

although your Moina are totally spoiled with the excellent weather im Breisgau (please send sunshine to Belgium ) I would like to acquire a start culture :D

Sende mir mal bitte eine Email an info@reefsafe.de Danke ;)
Take care
Peter
Peter Schmiedel

Postby A Wolff » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:10 pm

A Wolff

Postby Graham Penney » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:05 pm

Commercially producing Brine Shrimp since 1979 in an intensive aquaculture farm.
Research & development into Fairy Shrimps & Daphnia species.
Graham Penney

Postby chaz » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:30 pm

chaz

Postby Luis A M » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:45 pm

Welcome Graham! :D
I left about 20 eggs out of the fridge.They keep hatching,they´re four now.And they are growing. 8)
I think I should move them to a gallon jar with aeration at this time :?
Luis
Luis A M

Postby Graham Penney » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:09 pm

Commercially producing Brine Shrimp since 1979 in an intensive aquaculture farm.
Research & development into Fairy Shrimps & Daphnia species.
Graham Penney

Postby Luis A M » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:01 pm

So to the jar they went!And gave them some NAN.
I´ll remove some more from the fridge today,to be more precise about the time to hatch.
Luis
Luis A M

Postby Luis A M » Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:53 pm

Luis
Luis A M

PreviousNext

Return to Zooplankton