Anyone know a good food for Autofeeders for Banggais?

Anyone know a good food for Autofeeders for Banggais?

Postby TMiller1468 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:45 pm

All 5 pairs of clowns, my dottys, assessors, and gobies will eat flake food.....but banggais wont touch it.None of the pellets I have either. I am setting up a large breeding area away from the house that I only want to have to drive to once a day....so autofeeders are going on most of the tanks so I can get everyone fed 4 to 5 times a day...

Anyone have luck with a specific food that would work in an autofeeder?

Thanks

Tod
TMiller1468

Re: Anyone know a good food for Autofeeders for Banggais?

Postby BaboonScience » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:30 pm

No luck with a specific autofeeder food.
Have you tried dried mysids. I never have but have thought that it might be worth a try.
John
"The exact contrary of what is generally believed is often the truth" Jean De La Bruyère (1645-1696)
BaboonScience

Postby Scottt » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:02 am

I've always had luck with pellets and Banggai. All the Banggai I've ever had accepted them within a few months of offering.
Scottt

Postby TMiller1468 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:38 am

I tried dried mysis...but problem is it doesnt sink coming out of the feeder....it just floats around and gets sucked into the overflow....

Scott...which pellets? Ive tried soft and hard, no luck so far..
TMiller1468

Postby Amie » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:18 pm

I am having the same issues, trying to figure out how to auto feed banggais while on vacation. I have finally resolved that I will need to create my own system that feeds them frozen food from a small refrigerator that will sit near the tanks. I still haven't figured out the specifics, but I have given up trying to get them to eat anything else.
Amie

State/Region: Utah

Postby Scottt » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:18 am

We're talking Broodstock, or adult Banggai right? I feed all our broodstock the same thing, pellets, then frozen food, 3 times a day. After a few months the banggai and the dottybacks start to eat the pellets. The banggai have eaten most that I have tried. We mix a million different pellets together, put them in a jar and feed that. I know they have eaten the Otohime EP1, Spectrum, and 'MicroCrabs' for sure. I'm not sure of the names of the other brands. Our dottybacks will only eat smaller pellets. Things around the size of Otohime C2.
Scottt

Return to Nutrition