open your mouth, please

open your mouth, please

Postby picci » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:52 am

Do you think my male sooner or later will decide to open the mouth and start being a male, a real male?
The female is incredibly movingly. She turns around for days, now she also halved the eggs and put in her mouth trying to teach the male on how to behave. I am not even sure if this is normal. It is now about one hour that the female has the eggs pending...It is the second time I see the eggs.
It is about one year I have the two fishes in my tank, male should be 2 years old, female I guess a little older. They do not come from the same shop.
I have a nice video (but I was not able to upload here) showing the female with some eggs in her mouth.

Cristina

PS when it happen to the eggs to be made fertile?
picci

Re: open your mouth, please

Postby Luis A M » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:08 am

Cristina,I think there are some observations of females picking eggs for a while,I have to check.And it is not sure when the eggs are actually fertilized.But are you positive your female is the female? :?
Is your vid in youtube?You should be able to post it.
Luis
Luis A M

Re: open your mouth, please

Postby picci » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:18 am

I am not so much expert. The problem is that the file is in mp4 and the system cannot import it. I have a dropbox address:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/izwridfua19op ... 0.mp4?dl=0

If you can see.....quality is bad but looking carefully you can see the orange in the mouth.
I also saw the action: at that moment there was about 10-12 eggs. She turned in small circle for few seconds very fast, more eggs were visible and when she stopped, I saw half of the eggs in her mouth.
picci

Return to Pterapogon - Banggai Cardinal