Computer moron, pics.

Computer moron, pics.

Postby chaz » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:17 pm

Hi everyone,

Can someone please tell me ( in very simple terms ) how to post pics on this forum.

Many thanks,

Chaz.
chaz

How to post a picture to MOFIB forums

Postby mpedersen » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:48 pm

You cannot upload your image files to the MOFIB website currently (we have limited server space and bandwidth). You'll need to upload your images to a picture hosting site (frags.org has a brand new one worth trying, or you could try the standard photobucket.com)

Once the picture is uploaded, you should have (or determine) the URL that points to the picture (i.e. http://www.cichlidrecipe.com/nanoreef/DSCN9837.jpg). This is the location and filename of the image on the world wide web. You can sometimes right click on an image, select properties, which will bring up the URL among other properties of the image.

You'll notice a button immediately above the area I'm typing this into right now, the butt says "Img". Short for "Image". Clicking this button once will place the opening image tag (code) into your post. You then copy & paste or type the image URL into the post. Then click the image button again, and it will place the closing tag (code) into your post.

I.e., to imbed the image located at the example URL above, what would actually show up in the post is the following text:

Code: Select all
[img]http://www.cichlidrecipe.com/nanoreef/DSCN9837.jpg[/img]

I hope that helps...feel free to do a test post or two and ask the moderator to delete your posts if need be...

FWIW,

Matt
mpedersen
Read-Only

Postby chaz » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:31 am

Thanks Matt, will give it a go,

Chaz.
chaz

Re: Computer moron, pics.

Postby saahadainabi » Thu May 31, 2012 6:15 am

Hi,

For posting photos into the forum, you should upload the photos into the photo hosting websites. Photobucket, Picasa Web Albums,Flickr websites are some of photo hosting site through which you can post into the forums.

free photo sharing websites
free photo sharing sites
saahadainabi

Return to Photography