Does Anyone Have Access to This Paper?

Does Anyone Have Access to This Paper?

Postby Chelsey » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:59 pm

I was searching Mizzou's databases today and found the abstract for this paper. Unfortunately I cannot find the entire thing :(

REPRODUCTION AND EARLY DEVELOPMENT OF THE ANGELFISH CENTROPYGE-INTERRUPTUS IN AN AQUARIUM
HIOKI S [Reprint author]; SUZUKI K [Author].
Biological Abstracts
Journal of the School of Marine Science & Technology Tokai University.(24). 1987. 133-140.
[Article]
AN: BACD198784075435

Person who gets me this paper gets a gold star for the day :)
100 gallon cube
25 gallon mantis tank
~750 gallon (and growing) broodstock system
Chelsey

Re: Does Anyone Have Access to This Paper?

Postby aomont » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:03 pm

I did try to contact Prof. Hioki in the past but got no response... I could get a hold of some of his papers but not this one. :( Anyway, you would need to translate it because they are all written in Japanese.
No stars for me today. :( :lol:
BTW, I want this one "Spawning Behavior, Eggs, Larvae, and J-Jermaphroditism of the Angelfish, Apolemichthys trimacidatus, in Captivity" ;)
Anderson.
Anderson

"Posso não saber de nada mas suspeito de muita coisa..."
aomont

Re: Does Anyone Have Access to This Paper?

Postby Bandeng » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:16 pm

Chelsey,

I have not read the paper. In the Japanese book "Breeding Marine Fishes (1989)" edited by Suzuki K. and S. Takamatsu, there is a section on Centropyge interruptus written by S. Hioki. Accoding to the book, the paper should have described the spawning and early larval development of Centropyge interruptus. The observation was carried at Tokai University Aquarium. The aquarium had made a lot of observation of the spawning of ornamental fishes including Amphiprion, Centropyge, and others in the 80s. The description, however, only included until the absorption of yolk for angelfishes.

Bandeng
Bandeng
MOFIB Translator

Return to Research Projects