plumbing question:

Bi-Weekly discussion topics.

plumbing question:

Postby geminianspark » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:33 pm

For those of you with breeding setups where there is a hole drilled in a tank and then a bulkhead added... and return lines across the top with ball valves... if you need to take a particular tank offline you simply turn off the incoming water and let the overflow go to the sump, correct?

I am currently setting up my first tank for "possible" breeding down the road and want to drill it and add a bulkhead but am not ready to hook it to any other plumbing right now... i just want the hole drilled while it is empty so i don't have to do it later after i've got inhabitants in it... so my question involves how to temporarily plug a bulkhead...
geminianspark

Re: plumbing question:

Postby Kmiec123 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:05 pm

For the drain, at the back or the tank, I use 1" bulkhead with a 1"x1" 90 to barbed fitting. Thin I put a 6" piece of 1" ID plastic tubing that slips into a 1 1/2" or 1 1/4" stand pipe to the drain. Then if I need to remove a tank I just lift it right off. Hope that made sense and answered you question. ;)
Kmiec123

Postby Luis A M » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:46 pm

You can plug the bulkhead with a threaded plug.Not necessary,really,if you dont add water,nothing comes out from the outlet :?
Luis
Luis A M

Postby geminianspark » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:02 pm

thanks guys this helps...
geminianspark

Postby janjenny83 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:03 pm

I am just lifting off my bulkhead piping every time I am going to drain. The plumbing I very good and I’ve set it up last month. If you want that to be simple then you just need to make it removable.

EDIT: I removed your signature because it had advertising in it. Please do not place Ads for off site websites in your signature line. Feel free to PM me with any questions (spawner)
janjenny83

Return to Discussion Topics