Need Some $$$ Figures

Need Some $$$ Figures

Postby Chelsey » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:43 pm

For a Technical Writing class that I have to take before I can start my Master's I am writing a proposal on a technical subject of my choosing. The subject that I chose was the expansion of an aquaculture facility from just clownfish to several different species. I have nearly everything complete except I need some real life figures of annual/quarterly/whatever sales for both clownfish and other species...a breakdown would be phenominal. Would anyone be kind enough to send me some data? I was really hoping to get in touch with Sustainable Aquatics since they are rearing a large number of different species...I'd be afraid that ORA would be too big and wouldn't provide me realistic numbers for my situation. I understand that privacy may be an issue here, I can either omit your information from my references page or give you credit, whichever you see fit. I know that for all practical purposes I am nothing but a stranger to most of you so this probably doesn't mean much, but I will keep your information confidential. I just need numbers, I don't need total income for the year or anything, just the total sales. I would be eternally grateful to anyone that is willing to help me :) Thanks so much! :)

Chelsey
100 gallon cube
25 gallon mantis tank
~750 gallon (and growing) broodstock system
Chelsey

Re: Need Some $$$ Figures

Postby KathyL » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:56 pm

Frank Hoff's book, while several years old, has the numbers you are looking for. It's the one with the impossibly long title like Spawning and rearing marine ornamental fish with emphasis on Amphiprion ocellaris, or something like that.
KathyL

Postby Chelsey » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:49 am

Thank you Kathy! Now all I have to do is try and track down his book somewhere...
100 gallon cube
25 gallon mantis tank
Chelsey

Postby KathyL » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:36 pm

Florida-aqua-farms.com
KathyL

Postby xroads » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:48 pm

It is a good book for reference, but I dont think it will help you much.

Most of the figures quotes are from 30 years ago.

So much has changed in 30 years I dont think you can give the data much relevance.
xroads

Postby Chelsey » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:46 pm

Bummer :(

I'd really like to get in touch with Sustainable Aquatics and ask them about figures but I would feel pretty strange and uncomfortable sending someone an email asking them questions like that. Is SA on MOFIB and if so what is the screen name?
100 gallon cube
25 gallon mantis tank
Chelsey

Return to Business