Selling rotifers?

Re:

Postby NicoleCastle » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:58 pm

Miles wrote:But we have some hard core reefers here that wont put anything dead, preserved (other than frozen), or not made by hand in their tanks.

But apparently they'll put unquarantined live goods in their tank from a source of unknown quality, solely because it's purchased in a packaged bottle.

They ain't that hardcore. 8)
Don't count your gobies before they've metamorphasized.
NicoleCastle

Postby percula lover » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:33 am

:) I recieved a good amount of Rotifers from morgman the other day and it was for my baby clownfish but they still haven't hatched :? so I'm going to make one for clownfish and another to sell wish me luck :wink:
Patrick
percula lover

Postby percula lover » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:24 am

:) I going to make labels for my Rotifer bottles !! unforunately very little stores want to sell live Rotifers to their customers ? :?
Patrick
percula lover

Postby Jay F. » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:10 pm

I started this thread long ago then abandoned it. I've been off the site for awhile. Apologies.

Response to rotifer sales here are mixed, at best. I have several retailers that buy rotifers from me when I deliver fish, but shelf life is the biggest issue. I can't deliver enough at a time to make it worth while.

We have an active reef club in the Kansas City area. They are associated to an even more active local reef keepers forum, of which I am a sponsor. They have monthly meetings that include frag swaps and lots of trading. I have success selling at these meetings and it seems to be the best outlet for me.

www.homegrownclowns.com
Jay F.

Postby Miles » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:17 pm

What shelf life are you geetting? If packaged in full strength phyto, they should last 3-4 weeks in the fridge. 38 deg is optimal I'm told.
Miles

Postby percula lover » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:20 am

:) so I'm going to give out sample to the stores so they can try it them self's and I'm printing out label today I hope they like it :wink:
Patrick
percula lover

Previous

Return to Business