Video

Video

Postby Peter Schmiedel » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:25 am

Anyone here, who is trying to create high quality videos of fish or fish tanks?
I'm thinking of moving away from still pictures and take the next challenge up. Would be interested in sharing experience with this special field of video taking.
Take care
Peter
Peter Schmiedel

Postby mpedersen » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:29 am

Peter, my experience is limited to rather amateurish videos shot with a Sony Handicam DCR-DVD108. It gets the job done, but in no way is it anything of what I'd consider high quality. So...just tagging along (BTW, you've given me a great thing to add in...this forum SHOULD cover video too - I'll add that!!!)

Matt
mpedersen
Read-Only

Re: Video

Postby Peter Schmiedel » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:11 am

Matt,

as it seems that no one one the boards I know I trying to shoot good quality video about our hobby I decided to fill this gap. High end consumer camera Sony HDR-FX1000 has been purchased since a week and first footage captured. Now I have to learn how to handle all the cams features and of course get skills in video editing. Meaning it will still take a while before I will post the first videos online ;)
Take care
Peter
Peter Schmiedel

Postby Peter Schmiedel » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:12 am

test
Take care
Peter
Peter Schmiedel

Postby Brad_D » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:50 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSCdLcvjqjs&fmt=22

Here is one I shot with my Sanyo. The original is 1080p but youtube compresses it down to 720 and drops about every-other frame. This was shot handheld with the stock lens. I just picked up a new Leica tripod and have a couple new lenses on the way so hopefully the quality will improve a bit. A good friend of mine has a Sony HD1000 and I had a chance to play around with it for a bit and was very impressed with the features and vid quality.
Brad_D

Return to Microscopy