Celestron LCD Digital Microscope sale. Matt P take a look!

Celestron LCD Digital Microscope sale. Matt P take a look!

Postby DaveBien » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:16 pm

I happened to stop into American Science & Surplus in Geneva, IL today for some slides and covers for my real basic microscope (OK actually my daughter's scope from when she was in HS). They had just received this Celestron LCD Digital Microscope in and everyone was trying it. After looking at it I found out that they just (2hrs ago) had been told to lower the price from $269 down to $230. The suggested retail @ Celestron is $299. This price drop is through Sunday, 07 Dec 2008. Go to www.Celestron.com and look at model 44340 to see it. It has a LCD screen, takes pics,SD card slot and transfers via USB to a computer, etc. They offered 10% (I think it was 10%)off on microscope items too.

I know Matt Pederson had a small digital microscope at the last IMAC so I had been looking for something similar since. This seems to be a good deal, for me at least. I'm hoping to follow along on this year's challange as I'm pretty much a newbie as far as breeding in concerned.

American Science is found at WWW.sciplus.com . I'll be playing with this thing tonite and post an update. OK, I'm a geek, what can I say?
DaveBien

Postby mpedersen » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:26 pm

I look forward to seeing what you can do with it!

Gonna put this in the Photo/Microscope forum ;)

Matt
mpedersen
Read-Only

Postby hypertexas » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:20 am

Hey, Dave. This Flash tour on the celestron website looks terrific. Have you given it a tryout yet? Looking forward to a report. With pix :lol:
hypertexas

Re: Celestron LCD Digital Microscope sale. Matt P take a look!

Postby Jeff » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:17 pm

sorry to pull up an old thread ;)

"Umm,Fish?" is using one of these. seems to take pretty good photo's of his six-line wrasse prolarvea. It also shoots video!

Amazon has them for $170 with free shipping... http://www.amazon.com/Celestron-44340-D ... 398&sr=8-5
Jeff

Postby D3monic » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:56 am

I was going to start a new thread but seen this one. I am thinking about ordering one of these. Walmart has it for $100 http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product. ... ku=9219274

I seen it mentioned that a few of you had these. How do you like it? Could you post some sample pics? Also is there plenty of clearance for a petri dish?
Mike,

The only thing they can get me for is running a funeral parlor without a license- Gacy

Proud member of JARC (joliet area reef club)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdcuF4Wkcl8 Current Mood.
D3monic

Postby "Umm, fish?" » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:17 am

All my recent microscope shots are with one of these. Not too bad, really, for a cheapo 'scope.

There's not room for a petri dish at all. I use some well slides that I made and pipette whatever it is out of the petri and into the depression on the slide. If you need that much room you'd be much better off looking for a dissection microscope.
Andy

“Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.” --Mark Twain
"Umm, fish?"
Read-Only

Postby fishtal » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:36 pm

FYI, I looked at the link again today and the price went back up to $184 :evil: and it's not a clearance item any longer...
Save a Reef... Frag Your Own!
Save a Fish... Breed Your Own!
www.fishtalpropagations.com
fishtal

Postby "Umm, fish?" » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:41 pm

Which is funny, since it said last night that the retail price was $149.
Andy

“Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.” --Mark Twain
"Umm, fish?"
Read-Only

Postby D3monic » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:51 pm

I know that so pissed me off, At 1am it was still only $100 then at 6:30 this morning I went to order it and it was back up to 189. I should never of posted the link on multiple forums. They probably seen all the hits and jacked up the price. Ill check at 2am.
Mike,

The only thing they can get me for is running a funeral parlor without a license- Gacy

D3monic

Postby BaboonScience » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:42 pm

fishtal wrote:FYI, I looked at the link again today and the price went back up to $184 :evil: and it's not a clearance item any longer...

Who knew that WalMart sold microscopes. The whole setup for $184 and don't forget the $.97 shipping! A 2 megapixel camera is not all that bad either. Still not a bad deal although the $100 would certainly have been better on the wallet.

John
"The exact contrary of what is generally believed is often the truth" Jean De La Bruyère (1645-1696)
BaboonScience

Postby D3monic » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:21 am

I just picked it up from amazon for $149. Also picked up a 12 pack of well slides and a 74pack of flat slides.
Mike,

D3monic

Return to Microscopy