Amblyeleotris steinitzi - possible breeding log

Amblyeleotris steinitzi - possible breeding log

Postby Rod130 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:24 pm

Is there any info out there on raising Amblyeleotris steinitzi? Last night, to my surprise, my two have had a successful spawn. They live in my reef deep under the rock work so I can't really observe them well. I have taken a few pics, the fry are so small though the pics don't show much, hope this works okay I haven't used Google+ to share pics before.

You may see the pics better at the album here https://plus.google.com/photos/113404476130873953024/albums/5693500655150496273

I can't tell any difference in the two sexes, one is slightly smaller but that one is also at least a year younger. The only difference in behaviour I have noticed is I have only seen one at feeding for the past week or so, I assume the other has stayed in the cave all this time guarding eggs. FWIW I think the smaller one has been guarding the eggs, I'll pay more attention to them over the coming weeks though. They are paired with a single pistol, think it's a tiger pistol but never looked into id'ing the shrimp.

The fry are so small I think raising them will be beyond me but I will give them a go if we get some SS Rotifers over here in the UK soon.
Rod130

Re: Amblyeleotris steinitzi - possible breeding log

Postby Luis A M » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:37 pm

Congrats,Rhodri!
Youd better try to get a BRT and some copepods! :wink:
Good luck!
Luis
Luis A M

Return to Amblyeleotris - Shrimp Gobies