Peppermint shrimps

Peppermint shrimps

Postby Jarcave » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:49 pm

Hello

I have found found that one of my peppermint shrimps (Lysmata wurdemanni) is carrying eggs. I have no experience breeding marine species but do have plenty of tropical fish breeding experience. However I'm thinking that won't be a great deal of use with raising a marine shrimp. :D

Therefore can anyone please answer the following questions :-

How often can peppermint shrimps produce eggs?

How many eggs does an average female produce?

How long do peppermints carry the eggs for before releasing them?

I'm thinking of setting up a small bare ank with nothing other than a heater, airline with airstone and a little Caulerpa to provide cover. I'm hoping this will allow me safely collect the eggs. Thought please...

What are suitable first foods for the newly hatched shrimp?

Thanks in advance.
Jared
Jarcave

Re: Peppermint shrimps

Postby efren » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:21 pm

hi
and welcome to the group of pepermint breders, well i am not an expert but i have raised some srimps now( last month)
i put the parents in a breeding trap just as for gupies so the newborn shrimps go to a 10 gallon bare tank qith nothing but a heater and a small airstone i feed them newly hatched brine shrimp and flake food pulverised and anfter 5 or 6 weeks they metamorfose very easy no? well in practice is not that easy but i think pepermint shrimps are easier than clownfishes to breed
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
efren
MOFIB Translator

Return to Lysmata - Cleaner & Peppermint Shrimps