Lysmata wurdemanni days till hatching?

Lysmata wurdemanni days till hatching?

Postby Ahab » Sun May 04, 2008 5:07 pm

One of my Lysmata wurdemannis are carrying eggs. I still havent been able to construct a snagger so I am thinking of removing the shrimp before hatching. Do you se any problems whit this metod (like canibalism). For how many days are the shrimp carrying the eggs before hatching?
Daniel Ehn, Varberg, Sweden
Ahab

Postby Ahab » Mon May 05, 2008 10:33 am

No one?
Daniel Ehn, Varberg, Sweden
Ahab

Postby FuEl » Tue May 06, 2008 8:13 am

They hatch around 13 days at 27 degrees. Probably take longer if your temps are lower. Hatch faster compared to amboinensis and debelius from what I remember.
I love Artemac!
FuEl

Postby chris melb » Mon May 12, 2008 1:01 am

From my experience with Lysmata Vittata (also know as a pep shrimp) the eggs will become silver in colour soon to hatching, i think its 10-14days depending on temp. With practice you will usually be able to pick the exact night of hatch by looking at the eggs. how silver they are and sometimes you can see the eyes of the larvae in the eggs prior to release.
chris melb

Re: Lysmata wurdemanni days till hatching?

Postby oltemative » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:10 pm

Ahab wrote:One of my Lysmata wurdemannis are carrying eggs. I still havent been able to construct a snagger so I am thinking of removing the shrimp before hatching. Do you se any problems whit this metod (like canibalism). For how many days are the shrimp carrying the eggs before hatching?

I wouldn't move the adult. It seems that method too often leads to adult death... and if you're inexperienced with the larvae rearing, soon to be followed by larvae death. :shock:

If you can't wait until you have a trap, just use the flashlight/turkey baster or flashlight/siphon method. They're attracted to the light and you just suck them up.

I do wish you luck.
May you have a life without rats!
oltemative

Postby FuEl » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:41 am

I move the adults all the time. My adults actually get used to being caught and they don't resist so much after getting used to it. :lol:
I love Artemac!
FuEl

Return to Lysmata - Cleaner & Peppermint Shrimps