Flaming Prawn Goby (Discordipinna griessingeri) sexing?

Re: Flaming Prawn Goby (Discordipinna griessingeri) sexing?

Postby Spikefin » Fri May 29, 2015 7:46 pm

Sorry about the late reply. I had an issue when posting.

I only have one goby right now. I got it at a place called The Reef in Broad Ripple Indiana. It's probably like 6hrs from you. I just told them I was looking for a pair and they called me when they got them in. They had three total. Two had damaged fins. None of them had patterns like figure 6 or 7. For those reasons I only got one. They won't order anymore till they sell the others. I was talking with Segrest Farms, an Uncle Bill's supplier, about getting a pair. I also spoke with Inland Aquatics. Both should contact me when they are available. Hopefully by then I will be able to tell a male from a female. If you were wanting a group of them and are willing to come down to pick them up I can ask around for you. I could ship them but I'm not sure how they would hold up after being shipped twice. Inland Aquatics seems to think that you can see the genitals of the male by the anal fin if you can get the fish to stay still. I find this hard to believe but it's something to consider. I plan to contact some fellow reefers on Nano-Reef that own/owned two or more FPG about coloration and behavior. I'll keep you guys up to date on my findings. Not sure what happened to angi.
Spikefin

State/Region: Indiana

Previous

Return to other gobies