Success! Maroon Pairing

Success! Maroon Pairing

Postby jdeveaux » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:15 am

After a lot of reading and waiting for my Gold Stripe Maroon to reach a mature size I finally bit the bullet today and found her a suitable mate, and it could not have gone any smoother.

I floated him for 20 min right above her den and then dripped him for about an hour; as soon as he hit the water he swam straight for her and she nuzzled him right into her anemone. It was amazing.

This is Sally from when I first brought her home in December of 2007

Sally 18months ago after moving over from the nano

Sally today with her new mate

Waiting for the kids to name him :roll:

I'm just so excited that they paired with no blood shed :D

Now I wonder how long before I find their first batch of eggs. :mrgreen:

A big thank you to everybody here on MOFIB for posting all of the useful and detailed information.

Regards,

John DeVeaux
jdeveaux

Re: Success! Maroon Pairing

Postby Lady Baboon » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:29 am

Congratulations and good luck with breeding. Let us know how it goes!
Tina
Lady Baboon

Postby jdeveaux » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:56 pm

Well I figured I had some time to wait before they'd get down to business but the female has already started cleaning the underside of the ledge under the anemone.

I'm beefing her diet up with some good meaty foods to go with their pellets.

and I guess I'm going to get some phyto and rotifer cultures going.

Only real problem I have right now is that the area they are nesting in it is going to be impossible to access the eggs so I need to see about getting a tile down there for them to use, or plan on trying to catch the larva when they hatch.
jdeveaux

Postby jdeveaux » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:04 am

Well I was changing things up a bit and had to replace one of my loc-lines and guess what I found hiding on the loc-line :D

Guess now I know why both my Maroons were flipping out while I was cleaning. Normally they just watch me closely when I'm in the tank but not today. Looks like this clutch is just about ready to hatch today or tomorrow based on all of the reading I have done.

I'm not setup for rearing this clutch but now that I know they are laying egg's I'm going to get a rearing tank and rotifiers started.

Regards,

John DeVeaux
M.A.R.S.H. - President
jdeveaux

Postby GSMxWSM » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:04 am

WOW! Your Maroons are beautiful, as well as your tank! I must ask what M. A. R. S. H. is?
Thanks
Bobby
GSMxWSM

Postby reeffreak » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:59 am

how did post this on the 7th and that was there first day they were together then 2 days later they have eggs that look like there more then 4 days old ?
reeffreak

Postby EasterEggs » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:31 pm

reeffreak wrote:how did post this on the 7th and that was there first day they were together then 2 days later they have eggs that look like there more then 4 days old ?

The post was made that he paired them in Sept 2009. The posts with the egg pics are from Feb 2010. Sadly, he did not continue updating his thread. :(
Given sufficient thrust, pigs will fly just fine.
EasterEggs

Return to Premnas