Chrysiptera starki

Chrysiptera starki

Postby "Umm, fish?" » Tue May 04, 2010 6:09 pm

I'm excited to be able to report that I think I've finally managed to put together a starki pair.

I brought a large one and a small one together. It was nightmarish. The larger one was well on the way to killing the smaller one. I managed to get the smaller one out. In desperation for somewhere to put the little one so that the two could still interact, I started with a 2 liter bottle:

That didn't last long because of restricted water flow, but I found a good plastic container with small holes in the sides so that the two could interact but not kill each other.

Several weeks went by that one. I once found that the little one had jumped out and was getting chased around by the larger. The little one eventually jumped back into its container. Some more time passed. The little one tried it again. This time, it just refused to go back. They are now pretty much inseparable.

So ... hopefully more to come.
Andy

“Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.” --Mark Twain
"Umm, fish?"
Read-Only

Re: Chrysiptera starki

Postby Midnight Angel » Tue May 04, 2010 6:38 pm

Andy just watch them. Remember how I have always said I have a pair. My male started getting in the mood and chased the female like crazy. I left them thinking everything would be ok after all things had been fine for so long. Well I now have a one eyed female in a basket that finally has all of her tail back. These guys can be evil. So just keep an eye on things. What looks good today may not tomorrow. But anyway good luck. I love these guys and I have thought about you lots lately because they have been on the list so much these last few weeks. :wink:

Amy
Midnight Angel

Postby Luis A M » Wed May 05, 2010 4:13 pm

Good luck with them!.You ´ll need it as they are said to be very aggressive.And I don`t think that they are seq.herm. :?
A fence with a door works with blue devils,but hardly with taupou which are bad as hell :evil:
Luis
Luis A M

Postby "Umm, fish?" » Wed May 05, 2010 7:55 pm

The funny things is that they seem to be getting along fine. But I will keep an eye out. I feed the heck out of them, so I hope that will help. The reason I went for these is that Scott Michael talks about them being less evil than the rest of the genus.
Andy

“Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.” --Mark Twain
"Umm, fish?"
Read-Only

Postby Midnight Angel » Wed May 05, 2010 8:03 pm

Mine were fine for months until the male started cleaning the tile. I thought that was a good sign and then one day my female has one eye and no tail. If these are the nicest ones I really don't want to deal with the others. But hey I'm not saying you don't have a happy pair. I'm just saying keep a very close eye on things. I don't want your female to end up like mine.

Amy
Midnight Angel

Return to Chrysiptera - Blue Damsels