MY STARKI SPAWNED!!!!!!!!!

Postby MorandiWine » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:41 am

Thanks Matt.

Want to thank all of you for the encouragement and ideas.
Dolphin Pet Village
1770 West Campbell Ave
Campbell, Ca 95008
408-379-7600 phn
408-379-2713 fax
www.dolphinpetvillage.com
customerservice@dolphinpetvillage.com
MorandiWine

Postby vdp » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:19 pm

I hope you get the pod culture going, I find it very difficult to get a descent density with pods.
vdp

Postby mpedersen » Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:36 am

BUMP. Big Bump. One month and no updates Tyler?
mpedersen
Read-Only

Re:

Postby limu » Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:46 pm

mpedersen wrote:BUMP. Big Bump. One month and no updates Tyler?

May be Tyler is too busy making babies:)
limu

Postby MorandiWine » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:42 am

I have been soooooo busy here at the store that I have had to put the hatchery on hold. The adults are still spawning like clockwork, I hope once it settles down a little I can get back on the ball.

tyler
Dolphin Pet Village
1770 West Campbell Ave
Campbell, Ca 95008
408-379-7600 phn
408-379-2713 fax
MorandiWine

Postby mpedersen » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:35 pm

So Tyler, is that pair still spawning? Why not send them my way? ;)
mpedersen
Read-Only

Postby MorandiWine » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:43 pm

They started up again!! Five spawns in one week!!!

Now I have to get the pods up again and the SS rotifers unless any of you have other suggestions?

thanks

tyler
Dolphin Pet Village
1770 West Campbell Ave
Campbell, Ca 95008
408-379-7600 phn
408-379-2713 fax
MorandiWine

Re:

Postby mpedersen » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:53 pm

MorandiWine wrote:They started up again!! Five spawns in one week!!!

Now I have to get the pods up again and the SS rotifers unless any of you have other suggestions?

Get some Tisbe for sure - Phyto2 is offering them I think. My understanding is they're a harp with pelagic nauplii. They certainly don't HURT my baby files as far as I can tell. Maybe you should look at how I'm doing the filefish because they're more or less a "pelagic type" larvae which should be harder to rear than a damsel, so that might be the key...?

5 spawns in a week though, how does THAT happen?! Are they putting down nests side-by-side?

Also, can you post some new pics of the Pair / Eggs etc? I have an empty slot here right now and I've been thinking I need to go out and buy a couple starkiis!
mpedersen
Read-Only

Postby MorandiWine » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:20 pm

Thanks Matt!

I will get some Tisbe going.

The pair will spawn everyday, alternating sides of the PVC coupler. They missed a couple days because of slightly larger than normal waterchanges, disturbing their courting behavior. Speaking of courting, it seems quite simple and insignificant. The male holds tight to the spawning site and makes short jaunts away from the coupler apparently looking for his female. He will go straight to her, flare his fins and swims back to the coupler. Sometimes she follows, usually she looks uninterested and "bored" with him. Kinda sounds like my early days of dating. Getting back to it .....

The courtship is the most univolved aside from some live bearing FW fish where it just seems like date rape without any type of courtship.

It is so fast that when I think its going to happen .... its done. That makes it really hard to capture on video. :(

Thanks again,

tyler
Dolphin Pet Village
1770 West Campbell Ave
Campbell, Ca 95008
408-379-7600 phn
408-379-2713 fax
MorandiWine

Re:

Postby Luis A M » Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:08 am

MorandiWine wrote:Thanks Matt!

I will get some Tisbe going.

The pair will spawn everyday, alternating sides of the PVC coupler. They missed a couple days because of slightly larger than normal waterchanges, disturbing their courting behavior. Speaking of courting, it seems quite simple and insignificant. The male holds tight to the spawning site and makes short jaunts away from the coupler apparently looking for his female. He will go straight to her, flare his fins and swims back to the coupler. Sometimes she follows, usually she looks uninterested and "bored" with him. Kinda sounds like my early days of dating. Getting back to it .....

The courtship is the most univolved aside from some live bearing FW fish where it just seems like date rape without any type of courtship.

It is so fast that when I think its going to happen .... its done. That makes it really hard to capture on video. :(

Thanks again,

tyler

This is so unusual for Chrysiptera,or for any damsel :shock:
I had many spawns of C.parasemaa,C.hemicyanea,C.cyanea and C.taupou and in all cases they would spawn only 2-3 days after the previous nest had hatched.
Only in Pomacentrus auriventris I saw new eggs being laid next to previous unhatched eggs,but they didn´t lay every day either.
Luis
Luis A M

Previous

Return to Chrysiptera - Blue Damsels