Yellow Chromis eggs

Yellow Chromis eggs

Postby gouws1riaan » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:42 pm

Hi all

New here so please do be patiante ...

Got a pair for Chromis analis .. all good ... laid eggs on a gorganian .. not so good ... Gorganian not 90% dead but eggs look healthy ...
Any advice on how to save either the coral or eggs if not both ... or do I just let them be and see if the pair can do the job to hatch them ?

Oh yes ..... tank is 6x2x2 mixed reef with about 100kg live rock and various other fish and corals

Cheers
gouws1riaan

State/Region: Queensland

Re: Yellow Chromis eggs

Postby Luis A M » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:42 pm

Welcome! :D
Tank measures are in feet,I imagine? :?
Any chance to make pics or vid of the spawn and the male taking care?.I´m not sure if this has been documented before.
Leave them alone.Eggs will hatch in short time and I don´t think the gorgonian will be much damaged in the process :?
Luis
Luis A M

Postby gouws1riaan » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:16 pm

yes it is in feet
I do have some photos of the eggs and a video of male chasing the other fish away and cleaning the eggs ..will see how to upload
Regarding the gorg .... I did frag it so it will be ok ...that one they got hold of will have a lot of dead spots for they "cleaned" it till the core to lay the eggs
gouws1riaan

Postby Luis A M » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:10 pm

You can either attach your images from your computer or link them from a pic host.
I didn´t know they remove the gorgonian soft tissue.Perhaps they´ll keep spawning in this cleaned up section :?
Luis
Luis A M

Postby gouws1riaan » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:42 pm

yes ...and weird thing is that both females laid there eggs there .... I have 2 females and 1 male ...
regarding the image ...spend a few hours now to get it small to post in here ...when I get it to size one can't see anything ...so no idea ...
gouws1riaan

Postby gouws1riaan » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:00 pm

gouws1riaan

Postby Luis A M » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:32 pm

It did not :(
You must click "upload attachment" and then "examine",find your pic and finally "add the file".
But the pic won´t upload if it is not small enough.We are currently considering to increase the allowed size.
Luis
Luis A M

Postby gouws1riaan » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:41 am

sorry ...thanks for the help ...but I will need to go to another forum ...even a re sized photo is to big and if I do it smaller can't see clearly ... again thanks for the effort
gouws1riaan

Return to Chromis