Albino Clownfish?

Re: Albino Clownfish?

Postby Marcel » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:09 pm

Just a quick update. The most important permit is approved. It takes usually up to 30 working days. In my case it took almost 12 weeks.
Next step is to open up a new company and to get the export permit. This should go much faster, probably within 2 to 3 weeks.
Then I just need to send the box with a few pairs up to .....!
Marcel

Postby Midnight Angel » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:16 pm

YEAH :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: I can't wait to see them here. :D (by here I mean in this country)

Amy
Last edited by Midnight Angel on Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Midnight Angel

Postby trueblackpercula » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:17 pm

love the pictures and hope everything goes well with the importing. what can i expect to pay per fish?
thanks
Mi
trueblackpercula

Postby Chad Vossen » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:26 pm

Are you still planning to share with us the distributor by a magazine article?
Chad Vossen

Postby Marcel » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:39 pm

Hi guys, thanks for your interst in my albinos. I am very proud to be in the business with such a lot of nice people.
I am still going to write the article in the worlds first marine magazine as the albinos should become well known in the hobby. So far the interest is more from breeders around the world.
I am in touch with Eric since the beginning of this thread and gave the distribution rights away at a very early stage. The previous distribution agreement was planned for the north american market, but I was lucky enough that Fabricio had the chance to visit me here in Cape Town and since then I feel very comfortable with Fabricio and Eric as my distributor for the albino ocellaris. Eric extended the agreement shortly after Fabricio´s visit.

I´m happy to annouce the sole world distributor for the albino ocellaris, Proaquatix in Vero Beach, Florida (except for the country of South Africa, I do that myself).
Will keep you guys updated when the first few pairs left South Africa.
Pricing has to be discussed with Eric from Proaquatix.

Thanks for all your support and advice and you guys will read more about my project in the future. Fulltime breeder by passion, that is what I can call myself soon! I´m so happy guys, can you blame me? ;-)
Marcel

Postby Chad Vossen » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:41 pm

Thanks for the update!
Chad Vossen

Postby robvdv » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:14 pm

Fulltime breeder by passion

Very nice to hear, mate :) All the sacrifice is finally going to pay off.
robvdv

Postby Marcel » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:45 am

robvdv wrote:
Fulltime breeder by passion

Very nice to hear, mate :) All the sacrifice is finally going to pay off.

Thanks bru, maybe we can meet to catch up some time. Will give you a buzz. :wink:
Marcel

Postby Waldend » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:30 am

Has anyone found info on these from any supplier. Price, availability, etc? I have had no luck so far.
Waldend

Postby robvdv » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:34 am

They haven't been shipped yet
robvdv

Postby Waldend » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:41 am

I figured they hadnt but I thought that the retailers would be making purchase arrangements and perhaps be able to provide some early estimates on costs and planned availability. Lucky you are so close, it would be nice to be able to pick some up personally. :)
Waldend

Postby Ohiocatfish » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:05 pm

Has any heard of any updates about these being released in the US yet. I read proaquatix was getting exclusive rights but when will we see these bad-but clowns?!?!
Ohiocatfish

Postby Marcel » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:33 am

Here in South Africa is growing algae, cultivating plankton, propagating corals and breeding marine ornamental fish illegal. Believe it or not. No export permit will be issued for captive bred fish without having an aquaculture permit. This permit includes the need of an environmental management plan and a risk assessment, which needs to be done by an aquaculture adviser. He pormised to come up with this by the end of January 2011.
When the aquaculture application form was created, nobody thought of marine ornamentals. The whole application form is made for food fish farming, etc.
An aquaculture permit for marine ornamentals has never been issued before and all the previous applicants gave up. I spoke to somebody, who is running a foodfish farm. He told me, it took him 8 years to get his permits. Can you believe it???
Hopefully by the beginning of February 2011 in can finally submit all required forms.
Marcel

Postby Ohiocatfish » Tue May 24, 2011 11:22 pm

So I think everyone knows what question I'm gonna ask.....

When can I buy some albino ocellaris in the US? I'm dieing over here....love them, love them, love them :D Please oh please make this happen
Ohiocatfish

Postby robvdv » Thu May 26, 2011 3:24 pm

Marcel is having lots of fun and games with the South Africa legal system. We're all holding thumbs it's going to turn out all right. It likely will.
robvdv

Postby filesnclowns » Tue May 31, 2011 12:59 am

any news on those Albino Clownfish being shipped to Florida... or re they still in SA
filesnclowns

Previous

Return to Amphiprion - Clownfish