Albino frenatus clowns

Albino frenatus clowns

Postby AMedcalf » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:34 am

Hi

Just thought id share some photos of some albino tomato clowns that have popped up in a batch. ive noticed this since my pair started producing offspring, but it is only now that ive managed to raise up 6 to a stage where I can accurately see whats going on with them. Btw, these 6 are considerably smaller than the non albinos from the same group, so I have separated them and added some more youngsters from the next spawn to increase numbers a bit without creating too much aggression ( that's my thinking anyway ).

Thanks to @Luis A M and @Amie for their assistance in helping to identify these guys.

Hopefully the photos upload.
AMedcalf

Re: Albino frenatus clowns

Postby AMedcalf » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:43 am

Will try again to load some photos.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AMedcalf

Re: Albino frenatus clowns

Postby Luis A M » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:06 pm

Andrew,this is awesome news! :shock:
This is the first report of albino A.frenatus that I know.Take good care of them.They will grow into really very nice fish.
For some strange coincidence,it was also in South Africa that Marcel produced the first albino ocellaris.8 years ago,as was reported in MOFIB.Later US breeders produced a more colourful albino named "tangerine" and albino Darwins.
Keep us posted about them!.
Luis
Luis A M

Return to Amphiprion - Clownfish