Endangered Species Listing Petition

Endangered Species Listing Petition

Postby PaulZajicek » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:54 pm

On September 3rd the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) posted to the Federal Register a 90-day finding in response to a petition to list eight pomacentrid reef fish under the authority granted by the Endangered Species Act. Their finding was to accept the petitioner's request to consider for listing one of the eight species and that fish was Amphiprion percula. NOAA has a webpage devoted to the petition and finding, please visit: http://www.fpir.noaa.gov/PRD/prd_reef_fish.html.

My agency, the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, is drafting comments in opposition to the listing. We are seeking information as to the number of breeders and annual estimated production in the United States and other countries.

If you can provide this information and, most preferred, published reports, analysis, or articles that document production, please send them to me. My email address is: Paul.Zajicek@FreshFromFlorida.com.

In addition, we suggest that breeders submit comments to NOAA. The deadline to do so is November 3, 2014.

Best regards,
Paul
PaulZajicek

State/Region: Florida

Return to Amphiprion - Clownfish