First attempt

First attempt

Postby XEricX » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:52 am

I just had my first batch of eggs from my three year old regular ocellaris female and 2 yr old "mocha" male. I did not have any idea they laid eggs until i'm guessing the 5th day. I wanted to try to raise them even though I was not set up to do so. I was able to get most of them into a bucket the night they hatched. I'm going on my 7th day and have 14 left, just started on the BBS yesterday. The only thing I had closest to rotifers available was some live reef food that the local stores sell that contain rotifers, brine shrimp and copepods in it. I don't know if any of these little guys will make it but I felt bad not trying. My question is about raising rotifers, Can I harvest some out of this food that I have been giving them or should I start a fresh batch, also what is the best, easiest food to store for the rotifers
XEricX

State/Region: arizona

Re: First attempt

Postby Luis A M » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:20 pm

Welcome to Marine Breeder-MOFIB! :D
Your larvae are in their way now,since they are taking bbs.You can add some fine powdered food as well.
If you culture that plankton mix you have,probably you will end with a pure rotifer culture.Live algae such as NAN is the best food,but frozen pastes are much easier :wink:
Luis
Luis A M

Postby XEricX » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:59 pm

Any recommendations on the frozen pastes and info on how to use it? My clownes layed another batch yesterday. I don't think I will be able to save these guys by the time I get the batch going but hopefully the next hatch I will be ready
XEricX

State/Region: arizona

Postby Luis A M » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:25 pm

Luis
Luis A M

Return to Amphiprion - Clownfish