Sphaeramia nematoptera spawning

Sphaeramia nematoptera spawning

Postby bobz » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:38 pm

I was surprised to find that my pair of Pajama Cardinals that I keep in my community reef tank had spawned and the male is brooding. I can't be sure, but I think that he has been incubating for the past 5 days, which was the first time I noticed him not eating at feeding time. I am not planning on trying to raise this brood since my male Bangaii is also incubating and I am set up to try and raise that brood. Just thought it was interesting since this is the first time I have actually confirmed the spawning for this pair in the two years I have had them. Still very cool to see.
Bob Zaremba
Marietta, GA
bobz

Postby Luis A M » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:50 pm

Very nice,Bob! 8) .Are they large adults?Wish you succeed to raise the larvae sometime.Pajamas are frequent spawners but very seldom raised :wink:
Luis
Luis A M

Postby bobz » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:04 pm

They are fairly large adults. I am guessing 2+ years of age. Picked up Matt's book this weekend at MACNA and read up on what it would take to rear the young. I'm not that advanced at this point but may be one of these days if this pair keeps spawning I'll give it a try. Think I'll stick with my saltwater guppies for awhile :lol:

Bob
bobz

Return to Sphaeramia