Seperating alga from water

Re: Seperating alga from water

Postby johnrt » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:00 pm

If anybody would like to see an additional yacky description, see the discussion of an alternative, purse or pocket form-factor unit called the Bluetooth Seal Pup in the comments section of the reposting of 'Introducing the Bluetooth Walrus* (long)' on our website: http://www.auroracorals.ca.
johnrt

Postby jadeguppy » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:49 pm

While I appreciate the description of the set-up, I don't see anything wrong with asking for the possibility of pictures and am a bit offended at the implications that there is something wrong with learning from pictures. Many people are visual learners, especially with something like this. I respect that the author can't or doesn't want to post the pictures. Totally up to him and what he has offered is very generoius. This site has been about sharing knowledge. Ridicule of any kind, no matter how subtle doesn't belong here.
jadeguppy

Postby johnrt » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:50 pm

jadeguppy,

I am very sorry. I should have put a smiley, but I didn't.

In truth, the existing Bluetooth Walrus would be difficult to photograph in a useful way. Most of the connections for the plumbing for the sterilizing unit are in the back and up against a wall and there are a bunch of other pipes that have nothing to do with the Walrus. The Clarifying Tank is not much more photogenic or photographable nor is it in picturesque surrounds.

John T
johnrt

Postby sunny d polyp » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:06 am

I like descriptions and not pics John, clears the cob webs from my aging brain and forces me to think on my own, I'm still thinking about how I will go about recreating Blue, it will be a scaled down version but I don't believe I can do much improvement on your already working model, I do have a liquid bed sand filter I'm not using and will incorporate it to the unit, I did write you and talk about the "au la natur-el sump" with chaeto, mangroves and live rock but that's just going to be the "someting else" to keep me busy, off the streets and out of trouble.

I get your humor and appreciate it, thanks again for your lengthy and complete description of Mr. Walrus.
"If you opened my head there would be a plethora of copes swimming in a sea of phyto"
sunny d polyp

Previous

Return to Phytoplankton