Can I add this to the larval tank.

Can I add this to the larval tank.

Postby midjim » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:42 pm

I have two day old black darwin occy fry, and i think I have added too many rotifers into the tank. When I used green water I would just pour a bit in to keep the rotifers gut loaded. Now I am using a new product as enrichment, it is a liquid http://www.reefculture.com.au/store/catalog/rotiferdiet and I am not sure if i can add it straight to the larvel tank. I have emailed them but no answer, it's only been a day but i am scared there are lots of rots with nothing in them that the larvie are eating. Any advice would be appreciated.
midjim

Re: Can I add this to the larval tank.

Postby aquagrrl » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:02 pm

I raise everything with greenwater, so it stays enriched. I'm unclear if it's a live or dead enrichment, if it's dead, you'll have to watch water quality. However, if you add food, your rotifers will bloom and deplete the oxygen in the tank. What I would do is supplement the tank, but also do water changes to keep the number of rotifers down.
- Tami
FusedJaw.com - It's all about the snick!
aquagrrl

Postby midjim » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:56 am

Thanks for the reply, sorry not to answer sooner i had troubles logging in. Well I did not add it I just added smaller amounts of rots more regular and the fry seem ok. I just was not sure about it as it has a awfu smell.
midjim

Postby chuggy » Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:11 pm

i use it for the greenwater method in my larval tanks not that particular product though i use reeds

http://www.reed-mariculture.com/product ... _plus.html
chuggy

Return to Phytoplankton