Tomato Larva white spots help

Tomato Larva white spots help

Postby midway » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:21 am

Hi there, this the second batch of tomatoes that this happens. They are 9 days old and most of them are covered with that seems to be white spots. If you take a look at the pics, those white spots seem that they kind of hanging on them, it could not be ick case I've seen ick and it does not seem like it. Is it some kind of fungus of some type? The weird thing about it is that I have another batch of ocellariies and they are not showing those symptoms. Its a flow thru system where I have a sump dedicated just for the larva hatching tanks. I have a UV going in the sump as well so I'm a lost here.

Any ideas what this could be and how I can treat it? Thanks very much for your help.

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
midway

State/Region: Alberta

Re: Tomato Larva white spots help

Postby Luis A M » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:07 pm

It really looks like cryptocarion...Are they breathing heavily?.
Luis
Luis A M

Postby Amie » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:07 pm

Are all of your larval tanks connected, but only the tomato clowns are having this issue? It looks like ick to me, but I am surprised that you have a UV sterilizer on the tank and still see this.
Amie

State/Region: Utah

Postby midway » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:21 pm

I don't see them breathing heavy, those white spots are almost hanging off of them. UV light just went in there, it may take sometime to kick in to start killing whatever this is. Yes tanks ars connected to a sump but just tomato lavae are showing this symptom but the common ocellaries I have in another tank (which is also connected to the larvae hatching system) are not diplaying this symptom, really weird. Someone said that certantly could be some kind of bacterial or fungus infection. What do you guys think?

Thanks for your replies.
midway

State/Region: Alberta

Postby Luis A M » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:00 pm

Try giving one of them a FW bath for 10´,and see if they fall out.And check them with a scope. :wink:
Luis
Luis A M

Return to Larva