Multi-Species culture?

Multi-Species culture?

Postby tumblestars » Sun May 13, 2012 5:31 pm

Hi Guys,

I currently have GSM larvae just about to reach met, and S. hispidus that hatched last night. They are basically eating the same thing, so was wondering whether I can culture together, or will I have one species attack the other?

With the weather getting very cold here in Australia, It would just make it easy to keep water warm and food abundant!

Cheers
Ryan
Cheers!
Ryan

My tanks: Starfire corner tank with natural hardwood stand, 2x18x18 sump and 150w MH/actinic CF lighting. 6 Foot breeding tank divided for 4 pairs of Clowns.
tumblestars

State/Region: unknown

Re: Multi-Species culture?

Postby Luis A M » Mon May 14, 2012 2:26 pm

Not an orthodox way to go,but if you need to do it,I don´t see why not.As you say,both will be feeding on the same stuff. :wink:
The likely outcome anyways is that when the juv clowns will be large enough to pick at the shrimp zoeas,these had vanished time before. :(
Luis
Luis A M

Re: Multi-Species culture?

Postby tumblestars » Mon May 14, 2012 6:31 pm

Thanks Louis,

It appears I dont have to worry with this batch anyway, heater malfunction means I have a tub filled with BBS and zero hispidus left :(

Try again in 4 weeks time! My female hispidus is already holding her new batch of eggs!!
Cheers!
Ryan

My tanks: Starfire corner tank with natural hardwood stand, 2x18x18 sump and 150w MH/actinic CF lighting. 6 Foot breeding tank divided for 4 pairs of Clowns.
tumblestars

State/Region: unknown

Return to Larva