My male is Infertile or a female???

My male is Infertile or a female???

Postby gemsreef » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:18 am

I have a beautiful pair that I am now considering selling. They bonded instantly early June and laid the first nest June 29, literally first hour the so called male (18-20 months old) was shaking and submitting and they were in the pot the first night. A pregnant FAT C Quest lineage female with absolute perfection body mated with a snowcasso lineage male. They have laid every 8-12 days since June 29 of this year. which brings that count to 12 nests. The female onyx is very fat and lays down nice orange eggs. The "so called male" is dancing around and shaking squimmering over the eggs but not as synchronized or graceful like my other pairs. The so called male also is crazy territorial to the eggs and charges at the female only some times. Then I see that the female also shakes and tends over the eggs a ton.

Usually after the 1 st day 1/2 of the nest is white and vanished and then there are some remaining orange by the second day but appear to be beginning to clouded. By the end of the second they are nearly all eaten and there are like 4-5 that look strangely dark. I have tons of pics and vids on my i phone and do not know how to post.

I really am thinking I may have an unlucky mated pair of females. The so called male is not that much smaller in length size but just a ton skinnier. The female Onyx is not as big as my other onyx pairs but is just as FAT. It is very upsetting because these would be awesome babies. Any thoughts and experiences?
gemsreef

Re: My male is Infertile or a female???

Postby Luis A M » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:00 pm

I guess you have an infertile male.Female pairs are very rare,and you could only be sure if you see both of them laying,or two different nests of close age. :?
Luis
Luis A M

Re: My male is Infertile or a female???

Postby gemsreef » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:00 am

So that sucks if true....I wonder if I could make the infertile male a female. Do you know where I can find a fertile male to try and pair?
gemsreef

Return to Broodstock