What is Attached to this Maroon Clown?

What is Attached to this Maroon Clown?

Postby Saltyunderground » Thu May 27, 2010 11:53 am

This maroon clown is a large female in a 400g tank with no mate. The bubble things have been attached to her side for over 24 hours. At first we thought maybe a wierd egg thing. But eggs would not be stuck to a fish for that long. Ideas?

Berghia Nudibranch Breeder and Online Retailer
Saltyunderground

Re: What is Attached to this Maroon Clown?

Postby hawklover » Sat May 29, 2010 1:25 am

My LFS had a juvy GSM clown that had something like that on its head, right behind the eye. Had a orange twinge to the bubbles. It slowly healed over about a three week period. In the end he looked great, and was sold. He was not given any treatment other than being quarantined away by himself. I will ask my LFS owner if there is anything I have forgotten, but I think thats it. Looked just like your picture though.
Ben (P.S. I really, really, really want to be the first person to succsesfully breed hawkfish)
Broodstock: Flame Hawks, Engineer Gobies, Ocellaris Clowns, Bangaii Cardinals, FireFish Magnifica, Azure Damsels, more to come with time!
hawklover

Postby Saltyunderground » Sat May 29, 2010 2:15 pm

Wea re treating it as Gas Bubble Disease. I bet that is what the fish at the store had too.
Berghia Nudibranch Breeder and Online Retailer
Saltyunderground

Postby hawklover » Sat May 29, 2010 5:34 pm

Sounds right to me.
Ben (P.S. I really, really, really want to be the first person to succsesfully breed hawkfish)
Broodstock: Flame Hawks, Engineer Gobies, Ocellaris Clowns, Bangaii Cardinals, FireFish Magnifica, Azure Damsels, more to come with time!
hawklover

Return to Disease