Pipefish acting weird

Pipefish acting weird

Postby joefrith » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:04 am

Hello all, well just recently I noticed my dragon faced pipefish has been acting very lethargic and is having a very tuff time even moving around, also very slow resperation and no inteterest in food. It was acting a little weird yesturday, but was accepting food so I did'nt think much of it. When I put my hand in the water usually it will do its best to swim away, now it can barely move a couple inches. There doesnt seem to be anything externally wrong with the fish. The only two other fish in the tank are a pair of Blue stripe pipefish, that are acting completing normal, nothing wrong, but they've always been pretty hardy fish. Last night the temp did drop down to 74 F int the tank, could that be the problem. Currently with the lights out he has seemed to move a little bit. Could it have just been the low temp? Any guesses or treatment? Thanks.

Joe
><º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><º>
·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. >((((º>
joefrith

Postby joefrith » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:06 am

Also hes been in the tank about 4 months with no problems.
><º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><º>
·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. >((((º>
joefrith

Postby Spracklcat » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:03 am

Temp certainly isn't helping him feel better, but it sounds like there is something else going on too--unfortunately without any other signs of disease it is hard to say what the problem is. when did he last eat?

For now I'd recommend this trick--dose the tank with Vitamin B12 about 1/2 hour before feeding him, and then if you can put more of it into his food. You can't overdose it, so don't worry about that. b12 is a good appetite stimulant--and if he is sick, being malnourished is just going to make it worse.
Spracklcat

Re:

Postby r33fking » Wed May 19, 2010 1:40 pm

Spracklcat wrote:Temp certainly isn't helping him feel better, but it sounds like there is something else going on too--unfortunately without any other signs of disease it is hard to say what the problem is. when did he last eat?

For now I'd recommend this trick--dose the tank with Vitamin B12 about 1/2 hour before feeding him, and then if you can put more of it into his food. You can't overdose it, so don't worry about that. b12 is a good appetite stimulant--and if he is sick, being malnourished is just going to make it worse.

whats a safe source of b12 that you can dose a system with? i havnt heard of any formulated for aquaria . i have used that technique with sick reptiles with great results.
*******FISH 'R' FRIENDS*******
r33fking

Re: Pipefish acting weird

Postby elvis.barron » Thu May 20, 2010 11:26 pm

Even I have a fishes at home and sometimes when they act weird I cant get why they are doing so, there has been a lot of things that they should be able to know before things can go bad.
elvis.barron

Return to Disease