Help with sick clowns :(

Help with sick clowns :(

Postby simo2004 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:15 pm

Well i hoped id never have to post in this section but im afraid ive been stupid and have a problem :(
Right after some advice here

I picked up a pair of young Oxny Percula clowns direct from TMC whole sale with them been direct I assumed!!! :oops: these would be fine and added them into my brood stock system (never again) all was fine for 3 days...

Then the female wasn't eating and is staying near the surface of the water.. on closer inspection it looks like it has something coming off its skin i thought it was white spot but the skin looks coming off slightly like the spots have popped and a fungus infection is starting but really small the male doesn't look infected and is eating

So originaly im thinking this is brook! but never had it befor so not 100% here is a video

I know you cant see much on here but thought id post anyhow

One other strange thing and im not to sure how to put this but i noticed there poo! is pale and stringy , hanging out as there swim around !

My original ocellers were eating fine but 2 days ago they two have gone off there food and have the white string poo :( and look like they are gulping slightly

I started on Saturday to does Chloroquine incase it was brook or white spot or something similar!

Today the onxy male is eating fine and the female had 1 bit of froxen brine shrimp but my ocellers arnt intrested all four clows just stay near the surfcae and dont move much

Has anyone any ideas on what this could be ?

Is there anymore info which would help you guys?
simo2004

Re: Help with sick clowns :(

Postby simo2004 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:18 pm

on this second video you can see the clown flick near the end!
simo2004

Re: Help with sick clowns :(

Postby Scottt » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:20 am

Can you give the source that mentioned chloroquine working for brook? I thought the treatment for that was formalin baths?
Scottt

Return to Disease