Sick Black Ocellaris female

Sick Black Ocellaris female

Postby Mauricio Foz » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:53 am

Olá,

Tenho este peixe, desde Nov/2010, antes disso ele formava par com uma femea de ocelaris laranja, e desovaram várias vezes. Depois de algum tempo, um jovem macho o expulsou e devido as brigas foi separado passou para os meus cuidados, ficando sozinho por vários meses.
Nos últimos 6 meses esta junto com um jovem macho e parece que se encaminham para um casal.
Tenho observado nas ultimas semanas, em algumas ocasiões, um fio branco, pendendo do anus.
Nos últimos 2 dias, a região ficou mais inchada e vermelha, como pode ser observado nas fotos.
O peixe continua se alimentando normalmente, com os procedimentos normais do "casal", limpando a casa e agindo normalmente.
O que devo fazer? Isso é motivo para preocupação?

I have this fish, since Nov/2010, before this it formed pair with a female of orange ocellaris, and had layed eggs some times. After few months,a new and young black ocellaris, start chase the old male and due the fight he was separate and passed to my cares, being alone for some months. In last the 6 months he/her stay together with a young male and seems that they are becoming a couple.
I have been observing them and in some cases, a long white string-like feces, hanging from the anus. In last the 2 days, the region was more swelled and red, as it can be observed in the photos. The fish continues feeding normally, with the normal procedures of " matel" , cleaning their spot and acting normally.

There is something to do? This is reason for concern?

photos and videos ahead:
A seguir fotos e video:

Video, clique na imagem para ver.
Video, click to play.

Aguardo ajuda,
Waiting for help,
Obrigado, Thanks
Mauricio Foz

Re: Sick Black Ocellaris female

Postby Ben » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:08 am

This happened to one of my females a long time ago and she came good
Some one did post on hear that it happened a couple of time to one of their females cant remember if it survived in the end or not
I think onsan suggested it might be something like anal prolapse from memory
Should come good just keep an eye on it
Ben

Postby Mauricio Foz » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:26 pm

With no perspective of better results, just leaving she alone, I decide to try an old trick.
Old time ago, when wild clownfish was the rule, we used to treat new fish with "Clorafenicol".
1 mg per liter in the very first day and 1/2 mg each day for the next 7 days, with no filter of course.
At the end, a huge water change, and more 7 days alone, with an small skimmer.
During this procedure, she used to eat with her notorious voracity.
Today, she is back with her mate, and doing very well.
I'm not sure if the treatment was the solution or just the time she was alone, but today she is fine.
Mauricio Foz

Postby Suzy » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:37 pm

That is wonderful news!
www.Suzysreef.com
Suzy
Read-Only

Return to Disease