Breeding tank questions?

Breeding tank questions?

Postby AtlantisCancun1 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:00 am

I just built 2 50 gal tanks for my clownfish breeding system was planing on dividing the tanks one in half and the other into 4 compartments giving me 4 12.6 gal and 2 25 gal i plan to breed percs, ocellaris, tomato and clarkii

Would this be the bestsize for my broodstock and better results for breeding?

Or could i make more compartments?

Option 1

Was thinking maby one tank 3 compartments 16 gal each for tomatos and clarkii pairs And the other in 5 compartments of 9.72 gal for percs and ocellaris pairs

Would this be ok ? Opinions !

Option 2
First tank same as option 1
Second tank with 6 compartments each 7.99 gal

Would this still be ok? Opinions!

Please help! Will be putting int the dividers drilling as soon as i have the best possible idea!

Thanks in advance

8)
AtlantisCancun1

State/Region: Q.roo

Re: Breeding tank questions?

Postby Luis A M » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:26 pm

Sounds like a plan.All options are feasible.Just remember to make the diiders slightly lower than the outer walls :wink:
Luis
Luis A M

Postby AtlantisCancun1 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:03 am

The dividers lower.? Why each compartment will ave is own bulkhead drain and return
AtlantisCancun1

Postby AtlantisCancun1 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:19 am

I have allready installed them i decided to divide them top tank 3 divisions 16.6 gal each bottom tank 6 divisions after reading some links Amie posted me everyone uses 10 gal so 7.99 al should not be much difference. I hope! Thanks for your feed back i do apreciate it! One more question if you can maby help i see in many setups the tanks have clear dividers or tank by tank no view blocked between pairs and some say to use dark dividers is there much difference because i had the glass allready and put in just normal clear dividers is this ok? Or can i put 3m vinyl inside the tank would it affect the fish? I was told here at the lfs that its ok to use i have seen it inside tanks but have never used and have my doubts!
AtlantisCancun1

Postby Luis A M » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:20 pm

AtlantisCancun1 wrote:The dividers lower.? Why each compartment will ave is own bulkhead drain and return

As a safe measure.According to Murphy :) one day a valve will fail or a drain clog.
Yes,glue black plastic sheets on the dividers.
Luis
Luis A M

Postby AtlantisCancun1 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:43 pm

With silicone plastic cpvc sheet or can i use vynil like they use on boats cars or the backs of tanks would it be toxic inside or could i just leave it be and let them see eachother some say it dosnt matter ?as for yhe dividers all ready installed and they are the exact size ! Wish i would have known that beforehand !! Reqlly nothing i can do now but get good valves and check my drains daily i dont want to have to take them out and get newones!
AtlantisCancun1

Return to Equipment