new clown pair acting funmy

new clown pair acting funmy

Postby turtlesoup2 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:42 pm

I recently picked up a premium snowflake pair who were cleaning a spot in their previous tank, They also hosted an RBTA in their previous tank. After a week in my tank the male is always swimming by himself and gazing him self through the glass and the pair most time doesn't swim together. Is my pair still bonded or what? I had hopes of breeding them
turtlesoup2

State/Region: texas

Re: new clown pair acting funmy

Postby turtlesoup2 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:06 pm

also they do sleep together
turtlesoup2

State/Region: texas

Re: new clown pair acting funmy

Postby downbydasea » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:40 am

Hey neighbor...lol
First off welcome to MOFIB.
As for your pair, I would be willing to guess that they are still young and probably not close to being mature enough to spawn.
The problem with buying "bonded" pairs is just that...what is the proper definition of bonded. Just because 2 clowns co-habitate in the same aquarium doesnt make them bonded. I have seen so called bonded pairs where the male showed the signs of submission and tried to help clean but unfortunately the female didnt have anything to do with him.
I would give them some time and be patient. The move, with new surroundings, water parameters, food, and feeding habits are all things they have to reacclimate to before they get back into even thinking about each other.
I would also recommend keeping a close eye on the female to make sure she doesnt go crazy and decide she doesnt like the male at all and kills him....it has and will happen.
Anyway catch ya around.

James
When someone shares something of value with you, and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.
Chinese Proverb
downbydasea
MOFIB Member

Return to Equipment