[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Marine Ornamental Fish & Invertebrate Breeders • View topic - Pterapogon mirifica

Pterapogon mirifica

Pterapogon mirifica

Postby mrblue » Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:41 am

Are people aware that P.mirifica have been successfully bred in captivity? I don't know anything about their culture just that they are been bred by a FW breeder in Melbourne and the young are now available. I have seen a few and they are quite attractive.
mrblue

Postby DrHsu » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:50 am

Yes, they were also bred in the US by Dr Alex Vagelli who researched the bangaii. I have been looking for them for a long time and just missed a couple that were on display here at Aquarama by Manbana from WA - the were sold just before I got to their booth!! Manbana also breeds them commercially.
Li Chieh

Otherwise known as marinebetta in most marine forums.....

"It's what you learn after you think you know it all..that matters" - Anon
DrHsu

Postby mrblue » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:41 am

It shows how long I have been out of the loop :roll: .
mrblue

Postby FuEl » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:24 am

Hi Dr Hsu,

I managed to catch a glimpse of one of the cardinals at Manbana's booth at Aquarama 2007. Did'nt think much of it as I thought it was an ordinary A. melas. Perhaps they look rather similar when they are juveniles. Anyway, managed to dig up a link to pics of this species for those interested.

I love Artemac!
FuEl

Postby DrHsu » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:41 am

Finnage is abit different - larger. ....and I like black and white :D
Li Chieh

Otherwise known as marinebetta in most marine forums.....

"It's what you learn after you think you know it all..that matters" - Anon
DrHsu

Postby FMarini » Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:23 pm

FMarini

Return to Pterapogon - Banggai Cardinal